You enjoy a fast-paced environment with lots of variety, and you aren’t afraid of digging in hard to get things done. You’re someone who likes to put the customer front of mind even from behind the store scene. You thrive on teamwork, and morale is a big priority of yours because you love it when the team is humming. You’re excited about building a career in retail, love our products, and want to share your enthusiasm with our customers.
Reporting to the Bike Mechanic Site Manager, your key responsibilities are:
- To meet with the Bike Department Manager and/or Retail Manager and assist in identifying what bikes need to be built in order to meet customer demands.
- Ensure that all bikes are built and maintained according to the guidelines and that all legislative requirements are met.
- Ensure all products are maintained to appropriate stock levels.
- Demonstrate you are a team player by communicating effectively with others and supporting in other duties, where necessary
- Maintain your work area to an excellent standard, ensuring the shop floor is presentable and functional.
- Strong sense of bike safety awareness.
- Ideally 2+ seasons experience in a bike workshop.
- Bike industry training and qualification.
- Knowledge and experience with a wide range of outdoor products and brands
- Passion for the outdoors and first hand understanding of gear requirements for relevant activities in various environments
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Able to competently and without supervision: Build and Deconstruct all styles of bikes, Bleed breaks, service forks and shocks, replace bearings , bearing overhaul, replace chain drive, tune gears including DI2, and build and true wheels.
Our passionate people enjoy careers that provide inspiring experiences, exciting challenges and amazing benefits. They also know that Torpedo7 is committed to developing its talent, which allows for a wide scope of amazing opportunities as the business continues to grow.
Being part of The Warehouse Group, means there is plenty of scope for career development and staff benefits that extend well beyond the traditional outdoors industry.
Are you ready to live your passion at work? Gear up with us today!
"See you out there!"