We have an opportunity in our DevOps Chapter for a Software Quality Experience Assurance Chapter Lead. As a chapter, we build beautiful, elegant, clean and secure software products and services meeting business objectives, drive operational excellence and create “best in class” customer experience. The chapter lead role is a key role that will ensure we are using agile QA frameworks, process, tools and technologies to maximise test efficiency and delivery pipelines.
You will work with the Chapter Area Lead, Chapter Members, Tribe Leads and others to ensure the squads are resourced with the right skills and expertise required to achieve their mission.
Your responsibilities are to:
- Provide technical leadership for the QA Chapter consisting of internal & external QA members
- Mentor and coach QA chapter members to enhance and develop their QA ‘craft’ capability
- Promote, educate and support Agile product development teams with understanding agile software testing principles and frameworks.
- Lead the implementation of agile test frameworks with a focus on automation and continuous improvement to drive efficiency.
- Above it all, you will also be a hands-on squad member, contributing to the squad outcomes on the same terms as other chapter/squad members.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc Computer Science or similar
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leading, managing a team of Software QAs
- Extensive experience working in an Agile environment with software product development teams
- Demonstrable knowledge in agile software testing practices through ATDD / TDD / BDD / Specification by example
- Strong understanding and experience of software automation tools such as Cucumber, Selenium, WebdriverIO
- Strong understanding or agile software engineering principles (e.g. creating reusable code, OOP etc)
- Experience of CI/CD pipelines and process (e.g. Docker, Git-Hub)
- Significant experience in maintaining test environments and test data
- Knowledge and experience of Azure, AWS or similar cloud environments
- Predisposition to find ways to break software systems
- Rigorous Attention to Detail
- Passion for people development
Desirable skills will include:
- Previous experience as a developer.
- Previous experience in non-functional testing (e.g. load /soak / stress testing)
- Experience with code inspection and peer review.
We will rely on your excellent communication and relationship management skills, as this role will see you work cross functionally with a range of internal stakeholders at all levels. Your drive to contribute whilst taking ownership means you work effectively, both independently and collaboratively to deliver your best work and commercial results for the business.
As a business, we offer a dynamic, supportive team environment within a business that cares about and recognises individuals. The business is at an exciting point in its life story. By empowering our teams and increasing cross-collaboration. we aim to make TWG New Zealand’s best place to work!
Does this move excite you and sound like something you’re up for? Apply today!