Here is what you will be doing:
- Drive passenger vehicles onto hoists or jacks in preparation for removing wheels and repairing.
- Advise customers on types of tyres, recommending suitable alternatives to provide safety and handling in various conditions of road surfaces.
- Advise on purchasing costs and technical aspects of each tyre to customers.
- Remove customer passenger vehicle tyres, change tyres or repair tyre punctures and tubes using rattle gun and/or die grinder as required.
- Check and adjust the wheel balance on passenger vehicles using a wheel-balancing machine.
- Test-drive serviced vehicles to diagnose problems and ensure servicing provided has corrected the problem.
- Check and shelve all incoming new and retread tyres into store ensuring stock is safely shelved and stacked into tyre racks, and stock supplies recorded.
- Use down time to attend to housekeeping within the workshops by cleaning equipment and machinery, maintaining a safe working environment and assist with improving overall presentation of workshop.
- Use down time to attend to presentation aspects of the store.
- Assist with under-body fault diagnosis.
Customer Service & Administration
- Attend to any customer and telephone enquiries providing any advice and technical information to enhance product performance with a strong customer service approach.
- Promote sales of nitrogen, batteries, oil, Bridgestone New Zealand Ltd products and services to all customers and contribute to building excellent customer relationships.
- Perform five point checks on all customer vehicles and promote wheel alignments to all customers.
- Ensure job cards are completed accurately and fully with all relevant customer work and any sales servicing provided.
- Assist in the completion of all paperwork and computerised invoicing in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensure personal presentation and grooming are maintained to a high standard in accordance with the Bridgestone New Zealand Ltd retail standards as set by the Company from time to time.
- Other relevant duties as prescribed by the store manager.
Health & Safety
- Ensure the workshop and all working, service bay areas and vehicles are kept clean, clutter free and tidy at all times.
- Use down time to attend to housekeeping of the work areas and presentation of the store.
- Use protective safety equipment provided when operating machinery and manual working tools (e.g. hoist, grinder, floor jacks, impact gun, compressor and work tools) ensuring safe working practices for yourself and your workmates.
- Understand and familiarize yourself with company Occupational Health & Safety Manuals in order to recognize what hazards are applicable to your role and working area.
- Inform immediate manager of any workplace potential hazards and any machinery or tools requiring servicing or repair.
- Exercise continuous workplace safety awareness and your obligations to work in a safe manner by learning to identify, isolate and minimize potential workplace hazards that may cause injury either to yourself, your workmates or to any customers.
- Participate in regular monthly Health and Safety meetings. Help identify hazards and develop ways to control them.
- Uses down time to attend to hazard identification and awareness of already identified hazards, monthly housekeeping checks, Company vehicle inspections and complete any outstanding training modules.
Report this job
Add to favorites
You need to be logged into your account to add this job to your favorites. Click "Continue" to log in or create a new account. You will then be able to access your favorites from our website or from the neuvoo mobile app.Continue
No, thank you