Outboard Boating Club is a Marina based in Hobson Bay Auckland servicing launch and trailer boat owners. Just 6 minutes drive East from the CBD, they are looking for a Senior Accountant/Office Manager to join their small team. This role is 40 hours a week Monday to Friday, and you will have 2 other team members reporting to you.
You will be the key finance person in the business providing support regarding all day to day accounting functions and running of the Club, reporting to the OBC General Manager. Due to the seniority of the role previous experience is required to get stuck in and hit the ground running. Can show initiative in resolving situations and will not shy away from improving current systems.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly financial information and management reports
- General ledger reconciliations and maintaining accounting package
- Preparation of annual audited financial statements
- Ensure tax and statutory reporting compliance and payments
- Liaising with the GM, Auditors, OBC Executive and Marina Trustees
- Processing payments and maintaining
- All bank reconciliations
- Producing budgets for OBC & Marina
- Various ad hoc financial reporting
- Various administrative work
OBC want someone who enjoys loads of variety and is excited to be part of a challenging and rewarding role.
To be successful in this role you will be reliable, honest and have had previous experience in a similar Finance position.
You will also have:
- An accounting qualification, including membership of CAANZ or equivalent
- Relevant experience working both BAS and commercial accounting
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Confidence in liaising with a diverse range of people
- Experience with accounting systems including Xero
- Experience preparing monthly, audits, financial reports, and processing payroll
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office software
- An independent and proactive work ethic
This role will provide ongoing training seminars, allowing you to progress and strive for improvement within your role.
If you want to work for an awesome club that values their team, then this may be that career move you've been looking for!