In your role you will follow guidelines and briefs to plan, design and develop digital content for the online marketplace. You will be responsible for bringing inspirational content, onsite brands & retailers and shopping categories to life through inspiring digital banners, landing pages, animated homepages, display banners and email campaigns. In addition to HTML capabilities, an eye for visual design will be needed as you aid with the production of engaging communication assets such as email templates and onsite pop-ups.
A great opportunity to develop, learn and expand your talents with local and global brands while working amongst talented and friendly staff with a common goal.
Your digital content will inspire users to want to explore what our marketplace has to offer through a journey of discovery. Your experience will play a part in ensuring this exploration will turn into action as we move browsers to shoppers.
Key areas of Responsibilities
- Work with the Head of Design to understand, define and amend over time the objectives and boundaries of the design guidelines of the marketplace
- Take initiative to develop new design concepts for the online content templates seasonally and present to and negotiate with the design team to ensure our work is always inspiring
- Support the content strategy by following creative briefs to produce digital banners, landing pages, and email campaigns as briefed, in support of new brands, retailers or categories on the marketplace
- Design and develop world-best template design for email and engagement communications. This role will have accountability for turning design into responsive/adaptive html templates in response to design briefs and real-time data from user behaviours
- Ensure all creatives adheres to relevant marketplace, brand or merchant branding guidelines
- QA of online content to ensure all creative on the website is accurate and up to date at all times
- Follow design best practice in terms of archiving creative assets for future use
- Contribute to wider team meetings to fuel ideas and understand wider website initiatives
- Support sales and promotional events by creating content for planned and adhoc events
- Be able to work collaboratively as a team member
- 2+ years commercial experience in a similar role
- A portfolio we love with examples of your eye for design and your HTML/CSS capabilities in producing web pages and email templates
- A clear understanding of web and email best practices
- The Adobe suite is your design weapon of choice with a general focus to ‘Photoshop’ and ‘XD’
- Experience in using ‘After effects’ or any motion graphics software is an advantage
Our company culture is laid back but energised with a group of innovative and driven people that are focused on creating the next frontier for retail in New Zealand.
The right type of person for this role
- Approaches challenges with an open mindset, creativity, hunger and lots of energy
- Strong desire to build something great and thrive on the marathon like challenge to get there