Your Primary responsibilities will to provide a high level of customer service, while ensuring the workshop operates effectively within the Quality management system.
As the Workshop supervisor you will
- Establish and maintain a philosophy and culture in the workshop that reflects the values of the company.
- Ensure efficient operation using resources in the most cost effective manner.
- Maintain regular contact with customers to ensure their requirements are being meet to a very high standard.
- Ensure the QMS is correctly executed and recommend changes to the quality system as appropriate
- Develop and maintain staff personal training plan, competence testing and ongoing training.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE
- Mechanically Minded – Demonstrates an aptitude towards mechanical based work. Has a proven history in the Engineering Industry or trade related industry.
- Holds a relevant trade or university qualification.
- Project Management – Experience in leading projects, logistics, managing teams, including coordinating with customers to achieve desired outcomes.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.