Job Description :
Under general supervision, the Food Service Specialist performs a variety of food service duties.
Entry Rate : $15.50 / hour + depending on experience
Benefits Eligible : Yes (Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance, 401(K), education assistance, + many more)
Shift Details : Full-time, 40 hours / week
Department : Culinary Services
Perks of Working for Intermountain
Discounted transit / commuter pass
24 / 7 on-site, state-of-the art fitness centers at many facilities (about $5 per month) including group fitness classes at select facilities
Health and Wellness Programs including a Live Well Incentive Program
401(k) 2% for all caregivers with additional matching up to 4%
Over 302,000 discount offers across 10,000 cities on everything from pizza, the zoo, movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels
Education Assistance (must be benefits eligible)
Tuition Loan Assistance for full-time caregivers (available for select positions), up to $3,000 per calendar year
Education and Development Opportunities
Employee Appreciation Events (including a yearly gift)
Many facilities have full-service cafés, gift shops, and ATMs onsite
Cell Phone Discounts (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile)
Discounted Lagoon Amusement Park Tickets
Perks of Living in Salt Lake Valley
Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons (incredible hiking, biking, skiing, snowboarding, climbing, camping)
Corner Canyon, Ferguson Canyon, Emigration Canyon, City Creek Canyon
Great shopping City Creek Mall, The Gateway, Holladay shopping area, Fashion Place Mall, Southtowne, Jordan Landings
Sporting Events Utah Jazz, Salt Lake Bees, Utah Grizzlies, University of Utah
Many great Universities University of Utah, Westminster University, Ensign College, Salt Lake Community College
Seven different ski resorts nearby
Many family friendly activities : Hogle Zoo, This is the Place Monument and Park, Clark Planetarium, Tracy Aviary, Wheeler Historic Farm, Aquarium, Lagoon Amusement Park (North Salt Lake), Cowabunga Bay Water Park, Boondocks Family Fun Center
Broadway at the Eccles, Hale Center Theatre, Capitol Theatre, Off Broadway Theatre, Kingsbury Hall, Pioneer Theater, Utah Children’s Theater, Ballet West, Salt Lake Acting Company, Repertory Dance Theatre, Abravanel Hall (Utah Symphony)
Downtown Farmers Markets and Art Festival, Cultural celebrations
Memory Grove Park, SLC Public Library, Temple Square, Cathedral of the Madeleine
Great restaurants, bars, and entertainment in downtown Salt Lake
Red Butte Gardens
International Peace Gardens at Jordan Park, and Jordan River Parkway
Millcreek Canyon (dogs allowed, children’s summer camps)
Saltair (concerts) and Great Salt Lake, Bonneville Salt Flats
Skydive Utah (Tooele area)
Utah Motorsports Campus (Tooele area)
1. Obtains food and / or supplies from storeroom.
2. Delivers and presents trays to patients using patient identifier process.
3. Stocks and cleans.
4. Independently resolves customer service issues.
5. Performs accurate cash / credit transactions according to corporate standards.
6. Balances and reconciles drawer.
7. Knows menu, portion, and price prior to meal service to provide appropriate service to customers, including answering questions and serving food.
8. Sets up and services catered functions according to requested level and scope of service.
9. Performs food preparation functions (following standard recipe, assembling ingredients), for example, prepares salads, sandwiches, vegetables, and fruit.
10. Understands modified diets and prepares modified recipes using appropriate techniques.
11. Maintains an organized and sanitary working environment.
12. Maintains proper quantities of production with appropriate rotation of product.
13. Performs housekeeping functions including cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, floor care, and equipment (oven, fryer, hoods).
14. Follows HACCP standards.
Food Handler's Permit (as required by the County).
Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
Demonstrated ability to handle problems and difficult situations.
Demonstrated basic math skills.
One year of food service or cashier experience.
Hospital food service experience.
Physical Requirements :
Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
Carry, push / pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator, and tolerate exposure to cleaning chemicals.
Location : Riverton Hospital
Work City : Riverton
Work State : Utah
Scheduled Weekly Hours :
The salary range for this position is :
$15.50 - $18.60
For a description of Intermountain's employment benefits, click