Metal Skills provide an end-to-end manufacturing solution for sheet metal fabricated products; they are a reputable and privately-owned business that provides a fun and friendly culture and a 'state of the art' purpose built, work environment.
They are on the hunt for a Welding Supervisor to join their team of 8 in East Tamaki. This role will require you to be experienced, as you will be instructing welders in their operating activity, problem solving and organising work schedules for the two shifts that run morning and afternoon.
This position is Monday to Friday hours and to be considered you must be extremely reliable, have great communication skills, a 'can do' attitude and a friendly nature.
You will need to be able to hit the ground running, so it is important that you have the following:
- Good Mig/Tig knowledge
- Fabrication skills
- Good computer skills- training will be provided on the ERP system however you must already be adept at using a computer
- A strong work ethic, with a focus on quality and workmanship
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- An understanding of current health and safety procedures
If you are a tradesman with welding abilities, alongside having strong management qualities then we want to hear from you!
Your day-to-day will be overseeing the General Hand/Production Assembly and Machine Operators with:
- Factory tasks
- Cutting product
- Stacking product
- Operating CNC Machinery
- Producing quality materials
- Producing materials on schedule and according to specifications
- All other tasks when required
It will be important that you work alongside team members to maximize productivity and efficiency. Last but not least you will need to have a great attitude and sense of humour to contribute to our positive work environment.
If you have experience in a similar role or industry, then apply now, or for a confidential chat, call People Passion on 09 299 2525.