About the role…
Although every day will be different, some of the things that you will do regularly include:
- Offering customers a high level of service, through styling advice, product knowledge and store experience
- Analysing selling information and working with the store manager, maximise the sales performance of your department
- Leading a team of sales assistants to achieve excellent standards of service
- Supporting recruitment and ensure induction and training to new starters is carried out
- Assisting the store manager to identify future talents and putting together development plans to support their progression
- Overseeing store operations
- Being a COS brand ambassador and providing the best experience for our customers.
- Stepping into the role of Store Manager in their absence
This role is a full time contract and includes weekends and late evening shifts.
To work as a Floor Manager, you should have previous management or leadership experience plus the qualities below.
- Minimum 1 year management experience within a retail environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead, train and develop a team
- Customer focused
- Self-motivated & positive
- A genuine interest in others
- Open to learn about and sell our products
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent commercial abilities and interest in fashion, retail.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, weekends and evenings when required
Why choose COS?
When you first join COS we will give you a full introduction, excellent training, and a mentor that will support you during your first days, weeks and months.
In addition to this you will also receive lots of fantastic benefits including:
- 25% staff discount
- Seasonal clothing allowance
- 4 weeks annual leave
- 7 personal days
Over the last 14 years we have carefully built a culture where our people are supported, inspired and encouraged to be the best they can.
Our brand is creative, forward thinking and modern; choosing longevity over passing trends.
We set the bar high at COS; we are committed to recruiting great people, offering an environment where talent is recognised and valued.
We believe that a diverse workforce plays an important role in the success of COS.
We celebrate individual differences and appreciate the contribution that all our colleagues make.