SPM Awarua is seeking an experienced and motivated Maintenance Engineer. This successful candidate will join the existing trade’s team to help ensure that plant assets are managed and maintained in a way that enhances the company’s short and long term objectives and minimises production downtime.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate the following key requirements for the role:
- A proactive approach that ensures the production departments experience minimal down time due to maintenance requirements.
- Possess strong time management skill in order to prioritise projects when required.
- A proactive approach to daily routine with strong organisational skills.
- A strong commitment to upholding health and safety standards.
- Strong problem solving skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, qualifications and skills:
- Previous engineering experience in a food processing environment would be an advantage.
- Hydraulics & pneumatics experience would be an advantage.
- Trade certificate in engineering/maintenance or equivalent.
- Welding ability Tig, Mig, MMAW.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in New Zealand.
You must be willing to work on a rotating shift structure, and be available for call outs.
If this challenge appeals to you please apply today!