Job Description :
Under general supervision, the Medical Technologist / MLS is accountable for performing a variety of qualitative and quantitative laboratory tests, both manual and automated, of varying complexity to be utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
1. Performs routine and STAT laboratory testing, reviews results for accuracy, problem solves, and reports accurate and timely information.
2. Completes required quality control testing, maintains records and documentation necessary to fulfill regulatory agency requirements, and takes appropriate corrective action as necessary.
Performs periodic regulatory reviews of quality control data.
3. Performs preventative maintenance, cleaning and calibration procedures according to SOPs and manufacturer's developed schedules.
4. Performs proficiency testing and achieves satisfactory results related to all specialties or areas worked. May provide oversight / coordination of proficiency testing and review.
5. Completes at least 15 hours per year of Continuing Medical Units in appropriate areas to maintain certification.
6. May provide appropriate instruction to patients and their family members.
7. Acts as a technical expert to co-workers and other departments. May mentor staff, deliver education, and foster customer service.
8. May help maintain supply inventory, notifying supervisor when supplies are low.
9. May prepare education materials, and provide input on SOP revisions
10. May serve on hospital or system committees.
11. May evaluate new equipment.
12. May function as the key operator for assigned equipment.
Bachelor's degree in chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory / medical technology science. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education will be verified.
Medical Technologist / Medical Lab Scientist certification or equivalent certification as approved by Manager and Human Resources.
Certification must be maintained to remain in job.
Ability to use laboratory systems, databases, and spreadsheets.
Demonstrated effective communication skills using email, telephone, and in person.
Flexibility to work a variety of shifts that may include weekends, holidays, nights and on-call.
Experience with laboratory information systems.
Experience in relevant areas of the clinical laboratory.
Physical Requirements :
Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate information.
Operate computers and complex and delicate lab equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
See and read lab equipment, monitors, and documents.
Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer or other equipment.
Location : Riverton Hospital
Work City : Riverton
Work State : Utah
Scheduled Weekly Hours :
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
$29.89 - $46.14
For a description of Intermountain's employment benefits, click