Due to an internal move, we are looking for an Electronic Returns Specialist to join this team based in our Hamilton offices. Reporting through to the Compliance Manager, you will handle a variety of customer enquiries around repairs and returns of our electronic products, manage outcomes, providing a seamless customer experience for our customers.
As an Electronic Returns Specialist your key responsibilities will be:
- Testing and inspecting returns from customers to send back to the suppliers for repair or replacement.
- Responding to customer enquiries, taking ownership through to resolution.
- Building rapport with the customer by active listening and adapting communication style.
- Running efficient case management and follow-up within agreed timeframes.
- You will manage the majority of customer contact via written communication.
- Keep up to date with processes and procedures to ensure accurate information is provided
The ideal candidate will have:
- Vast experience in a customer services environment with a proven track record of offering exceptional customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an outstanding email manner
- Great attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Experience with the full MS Office suite is an added benefit.
- The ability to work with a sense of urgency and thrive working under pressure.
- Have the ability to work with a diverse array of people and build successful working relationships both internal and external customers.
- An ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability – thinking outside the box.
- A great attitude and work ethic.
Some extra skills would be highly beneficial!
- Experience with mobile device repair and knowledge.
- A passion for all things tech-related.
- A good grasp of the Consumers Guarantees Act and Fair Trading Act.
- An understanding of both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Working within a small team, this role is about teamwork! Woking to tight timeframes and KPIs, you're a reliable and trusted team player with strong time management, punctuality and record of attendance.
These opportunities are a great foot in The Warehouse Group door; offering loads of development and insight about the Warehouse Group business, working with passionate like-minded people with some good fun and laughs along the way. We have some great staff perks and guarantee an energetic and fast-paced environment.
This role is 40 hours a week, Monday - Friday between 8am - 5pm.
If this sounds like you, apply now and join the team!
1-day was established in 2007, and until August 2019, it operated as part of the Torpedo7 Group. It now operates as its own business unit as part of The Warehouse Group.