- To efficiently and accurately carry the sample preparation and assaying of geochem and metallurgical samples.
- To process minerals samples in an accurate and timely manner, according to client requirements.
- To ensure all activities are carried out with regard and recognition of Health and Safety requirements and personal safety.
- Undertake all other relevant work requests relevant to your position.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
- In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements
- Previous experience in a general laboratory environment
- Flexibility with working hours and ability to complete 4 shifts of 12 hours, sliding roster inclusive of weekends.
- Computer literacy
- Have an understanding of the service and maintenance requirements of laboratory instruments
- Proven accuracy in previous productivity, would be beneficial
- Unrestricted New Zealand Driving Licence (competent with manual shift preferred).
- Computer skills, report writing skills and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Good organisational skills.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently
- The ability to challenge the status quo to achieve quality commitments and continuous improvement.
- In this position, you will be responsible for the receipt and sorting of the clients’ rock samples followed by the crushing and pulverizing of these samples utilizing our sample preparation machines. This involves a reasonable amount of manual handling and light to medium lifting. Fire Assay involves an assay process where heat tolerance must be factored into the work environment and involves a high amount of manual handling.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
Report this job
Add to favorites
You need to be logged into your account to add this job to your favorites. Click "Continue" to log in or create a new account. You will then be able to access your favorites from our website or from the neuvoo mobile app.Continue
No, thank you