- Established future pipeline of work.
- Support for career training/development.
- Variety of project types, sizes, and complexity.
Bettabuilt provides subcontract carpentry, specialising in commercial construction and recladding leaking buildings. Bettabuilt is part of the Brosnan Construction Group of companies. We offer a team of people who not only have exceptional practical skills in all aspects of construction, but a team who is reliable and consistent in how we approach and deliver our work. At its core Bettabuilt's culture is one of 'people first', this results in a company that treats everyone with respect while cultivating and supporting career training and development to continue to provide high quality workmanship for our clients.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced Foreman who wants to pursue a career with a highly collaborative team delivering exceptional projects with a focus on absolute quality and client service.
Key to the company's success, Bettabuilt's Site Foreman's are key members of our successful team, you will be responsible for conducting sites and equipment pre-start inspections, liaising with the construction supervisor as well as handling the daily requirement from an operational and health and safety standpoint.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct inspections on specialised equipment.
- Fully understand sub-contractor's scope of works and manage their sequencing and daily issues to ensure they comply with requirements regarding operational and health and safety issues.
- Maintain open lines of communication with the Construction Supervisor.
- Review contract documentation and formulate a list of information required.
- Provide shop drawings for installation and issue to carpenters in a timely manner.
- Prepare a work package for each specific area which will include location plans, installation shop drawings and any specific product literature.
- Attending the progress meetings
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience as a Foreman (2 or more years' experience)
- New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry Level 4
- Ability to lead, motivate and work with a team of carpenters.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Competitive hourly rate on offer
- Full PPE provided (Boots, Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Gloves, Dust Mask etc)
- Health, Life, Trauma & Income Protection Insurance (after 6 months)
- Inspiring leadership team who will facilitate your career progression.
- Great company culture - supportive, genuine, and passionate.