- To assist where needed in various parts of the Waihi Laboratory, with the main responsibilities involving sample preparation of geochemical and coal samples.
- Prepare and analyse samples in accordance with the standard Operating Procedures in the laboratory to ensure a high service level is maintained.
- To work with the Laboratory Manager so as to maximize business returns whilst minimizing exposure and risk for the company
- To ensure all activities are carried out with regard and recognition of Health and Safety requirements and personal safety
- Previous experience in a general laboratory environment
- Flexibility with working hours and tasks.
- Advanced computer literacy
- Have an understanding of the service and maintenance requirements of laboratory instruments
- Proven accuracy in previous productivity, would be beneficial
- Unrestricted New Zealand Driving Licence (competent with manual shift preferred).
- Computer skills, report writing skills and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Good organisational skills.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implemented solutions
- Understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently
- The ability to challenge the status quo to achieve quality commitments and continuous improvement
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
Report this job
Add to favorites
You need to be logged into your account to add this job to your favorites. Click "Continue" to log in or create a new account. You will then be able to access your favorites from our website or from the neuvoo mobile app.Continue
No, thank you