Are you an experienced technician that wants to work closer to home?
Based in Takanini, Hammar NZ Ltd is an industry leader in side-loader manufacturing. Their philosophy is to offer the best product, latest technology, and premium customer service. With a strong presence in NZ and a reputation for delivering a high quality Swedish designed product, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a business that shows no signs of stopping.
They are currently looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic/Workshop Technician to join their friendly team. In this full-time role, you will be responsible for mechanical servicing & breakdown repairs, alongside troubleshooting mechanical failures to assess repair work needs for their loyal customers.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Engineering tasks such as; machining, electrical diagnosis & other general engineering servicing needs
- Welding repairs for damaged trailers which require servicing
- Hydraulic maintenance & repairs including; fitting and removal of hydraulic rams from trailers and seal replacement in valves and rams
- Accurately entering jobs, parts & labour hours into "SAM" (Workshop Operating system)
- Liaising with Parts Assistant to avoid delays caused by awaiting equipment or parts
- Carrying out assembly trailer and other tasks as required by your Workshop Manager
Hammar NZ are looking for someone with a high standard of workmanship to ensure the execution and completion of work meets their standards.
To be successful in this role you will be attentive and productive during work hours, with the ability to work collaboratively with others to ensure a high-quality final product.
You will also have:
- Ideally 6+ years of relevant work experience
- The ability to read & interpret electrical & hydraulic drawings (ideally)
- A responsible attitude to workplace safety while carrying out tasks & maintaining the workplace environment
- An awesome work ethic & attitude
Hammar NZ are looking for someone with a great sense of humour who will contribute to a positive, safe and productive work environment. They are open to training someone less experienced if they fit the right criteria!
What's in it for you?
- Great remuneration with lots of overtime available + overtime rates
- Local location
- Awesome, tight- knit team
This is a great career opportunity that doesn't come around often, so if you're confident of ticking all the boxes, then we'd love to hear from you.