The primary responsibility of this role is for you to gain the required competence to acquire the NZ Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (Level 4). The company will provide exposure to workshop personnel, SGS-IVE practices, standards and requirements over a variety of valve refurbishment disciplines in order to provide maximum opportunity for the Apprentice to learn.
As our Apprentice Valve technician, you will:
- Learn all aspects of the valve overhaul, refurbishment and repair work undertaken by SGS-IVE including work on customer's sites, which may involve overnight travel away from your base location.
- Undertake training, testing and customer inductions to be able to work at SGS-IVE's customer's sites.
- Attend and complete all required block courses and qualifying assignments within the given timeframes.
- Actively seek opportunities to expand your valve repair knowledge.
- Have obtained good results for NCEA Level 1. To have similar or improved results for Level 2 or higher would be an advantage.
- Mechanically Minded - Demonstrates an aptitude towards mechanical based work
- Have the ability to complete the physical demands of the role e.g. lifting, moving valves, working at heights, walking distances etc
- Hold a current, clean New Zealand Drivers Licence as you might be have to visit client sites or run errands
- Able to work effectively and productively with others.
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with fluency in English. You will be expected to prepare reports and write correspondences.
- Proactively consider safety requirements when completing all tasks