Deliver consents for new renewable development and our work on our iconic existing assets, by leading the delivery of Meridians response to environmental and regulatory management. You’ll provide expert technical direction and management of the environmental and related regulatory processes for each project/asset through their life cycle from investigation, development, construction, operation, compliance through to consent replacement in collaboration with the project and/or asset manager.
You’ll be managing multiple work streams involving teams of diverse technical specialists inside and outside Meridian and therefore will require a collaborative working style to manage these key relationships. This role is key to ensuring we proactively deliver excellence in environmental performance and that Meridian is recognised as a responsible user of natural resources.
We practice flexible work at Meridian, this role will involve some travel as and when required to new development sites and to our existing assets across the country.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. resource management/planning, environment management, environmental science)
- Significant experience in all aspects of consent management and acquisition, environmental resource management, and statutory planning
- Significant experience of understanding all aspects and application of the Resource Management Act and other regulatory frameworks applicable
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply technical, engineering, and scientific reports and advice
We’ve got a strong culture - we like to work hard and have fun while we’re doing it. We live by three ‘How to Be’s’: be gutsy, be a good human, and be in the waka.
Meridian is truly flexible, diverse and inclusive: in our workplace, you can feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. Our flexible work options make things easier for you and your whānau. And we also offer an attractive salary package and benefits like life and income protection insurance, enhanced leave, KiwiSaver and parental leave provisions, discounts from Meridian and other organisations, and a Meridian employee share scheme.
All in all, we reckon we’ve got a pretty special place to work. If you think you’re an awesome fit not only for this role but for Meridian, apply today and tell us why!
If you’ve any questions, please email email@example.com and someone will get back to you.
Advertising closes 5pm Sunday 27th June (please note this is subject to change)
*Christchurch based location could also be an option*