McMillen Jacobs Associates is a full-service engineering firm in the transportation, heavy civil underground, water resources and hydropower markets. We are leading professionals in design and construction support services for underground tunnels and stations, deep shafts, large-diameter wastewater and water tunnels and pipelines, heavy rail, light rail, hydropower and water conveyance design, as well as construction claims and dispute resolution.
Currently serving clients with over 450 staff members from 21 offices located in Australia, New Zealand and North America, our technical skills include: geotechnical, structural, civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering; tunnel and underground project engineering.
McMillen Jacobs Associates' Auckland office is looking for a Geotechnical Engineer with 2-6 years of experience. The successful candidate will provide design and consulting on projects within New Zealand and Australia. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic office experiencing rapid growth in a healthy market focused on infrastructure development, specifically in the underground sector for the foreseeable future.
- Assist in geotechnical design of tunnels and shafts, including temporary excavation support and permanent support systems.
- Work on a variety of office and field assignments, with a focus on geotechnical engineering analyses, development of drawings, specifications, calculations, and technical memoranda/reports that present the basis of design.
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Civil Engineering (curriculum emphasis in geotechnical engineering) from an accredited university.
- Geotechnical Engineer Position to have 2 - 6 years tunnel or geotechnical engineering design experience;
- Ability to develop and review designs, drawings, specifications, and technical memoranda.
- Knowledge of temporary excavation support, as well as tunnel excavation, ground support and permanent lining construction methods would be considered advantageous.
- Experience in using geotechnical software for ground stability and ground/structure interaction modelling (e.g., Slide and other rocscience software, PLAXIS or FLAC)
- AutoCAD experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills are essential.
- Willing to travel within Australia and New Zealand for short term
Our Underground and Water Resources divisions focus on providing innovative, quality solutions to our clients that consistently meet or exceed time and budget parameters.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity. We offer a supportive work environment and a positive employee experience. Benefits can include flexible work arrangements, health and wellness reimbursement, salary continuance program, employee assistance program and stock ownership.
For additional company information and to apply online, please visit our website at .mcmjac
No Recruiters, Please