Mt Hutt Ski Area - Chefs
Proud winners of NZ's Best Ski Resort for 7 years in a row, we are now seeking Chefs to join us for the upcoming winter....
Our food outlets can be the busiest places on the ski areas so if you are up for the challenge of nourishing thousands at altitude then read on?
We are seeking Chefs who can work as part of a team to deliver exciting mountain cuisine for the winter season, with a variety of menus & several different outlets.
Successful applicants will be producing the highest quality products while adhering to all food hygiene practices and to all health and safety policies.
Junior Chef roles will ideally need to hold London City and Guilds, or National Certificate in Cookery Level 3-4, and ideally previous experience in a fast-paced environment.
Senior Chef roles require London City and Guilds, or National Certificate in Cookery Level 3-4, and a minimum of 5 years experience in a high volume, bulk catering or hotel environment. Experience working with Food Control Plans a must.
About the Role
- Preparation of menu items and ski area cuisine utilising company recipes to ensure consistency
- All mis-en-place is prepared fresh with adequate prep, in time for service
- Stock control and planning for variances in trading, minimisation of wastage
- Working with the Head Chef to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained
- Mentoring and training other team members in food preparation, and food-handling skills
- Serving meals to the public with a smile
- Maintaining a clean and tidy section and kitchen at all times
- Adhering to and completing tasks required by the Food Control Plan
- Good communication with other kitchen team members and Front of House team
- Previous experience in a face-paced hospitality environment
- A recognised qualification and proven professional experience is compulsory
- Ability to maintain high standards of personal hygiene, our chefs interact often with our guests
- Ability to maintain high standards during food preparation to minimise any risk to our guests
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- A good working knowledge Food Control Plans and ability to assist with documentation and implementation of all facets of the NZSki Food Control Plan
- Flexibility to adjust working practices in accordance with business levels
- An understanding that employment is subject to the vagaries of the weather and the hours of work cannot be guaranteed
Skills and Qualifications
- Must hold London City & Guilds and/or National Certificate in Cookery Level 3-4
- Previous experience preferably in a fast paced environment.
About Mt Hutt
Mt Hutt is a great place to work. We have a strong group of returning staff each season (approx. 60%), and we are proud winners of NZ’s Best Ski Resort, the Qualmark Gold Sustainable Tourism Business Award, and the Christchurch Casino Champion Customer Experience.
- For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by JazzHR