Reporting to the Plant Manager, the primary objective of the role is to manage your team and the department to meet company, customer, and regulatory standards whilst maximising profitability and efficiency. Ensuring that procedures and regulations within the associated production areas are followed is a must.
You will be proactive and organised with a "hands on" approach to inspire your team.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Consistent monitoring of processing quality in the room to ensure high standards at all times
- Solid knowledge of processing techniques to assist other staff and help set benchmarks
- Ensuring that labour resource is utilised for optimum efficiency and throughput
- Making sure that all compliance and regulatory requirements are strictly adhered to and that the process is in control under HACCP
- Training, developing and mentoring staff
- Continuously improving standards and profitability
- Recording and processing documentation/departmental administration in an accurate and timely manner
Previous experience in a food processing environment is essential.
Team or departmental supervision experience is preferred; however full training is available to those who can demonstrate they have the right attributes to be successful in this role.
If you are looking to for your next challenge and want to join a successful, growing organisation then please apply today!