- Nationwide Business
- Essential Service Industry
- Auckland or Palmerston North based
We are passionate about our role in delivering the finest of Kiwi food, and it is our people in depots and out on the road every day who work vigilantly to ensure the safety and freshness of the product we store or deliver. Our people drive our business, literally!
About the opportunity:
As our Health & Safety Advisor you will play a key part in leading the health and safety culture within the business.
The primary purpose of the role is to work alongside the operations team and provide them with hands on support, coaching and mentoring our front line managers. The role will support the successful implementation of agreed Health and Safety Management Systems that meet the requirements of the business. You will also be responsible for ensuring reliability of reporting information on our H&S metrics.
As a valued member of the business, you will assist and motivate each site across your region to regularly implement company-wide policies, procedures, and systems to ensure that they continue to meet the requirements.
To be successful, you'll need to demonstrate the following:
- Solid HSE background with relevant qualifications at a minimum NZQA 4 Level Health and Safety Qualification or NEBOSH International General Certificate
- NZISM (or equivalent professional body) at Technician/Affiliate level
- Working knowledge of the H&S Act
- 2years' experience within an operational health and safety role, including auditing
- Experience mentoring and coaching front line leaders in all things Health & Safety
- An understanding of ACC return to work processes
- Working exposure to SafePlus programme
This is a busy environment and your composure to comply with our process is the key to success. To achieve in this role you will, ideally, come from the transport/logistics industry and be able to build strong positive relationships up and down the organisational chart working collaboratively with others to motivate shared objectives.
Hall's is a leader in refrigerated transport, warehousing and logistics, well- established across New Zealand, with a high profile and a focus on providing top customer service. Our committed drivers and teams represent typical New Zealand values and work hard to 'deliver the goods'.
Hall's Group the home of cool jobs. .halls.co.nz
We are an essential service and continue operating throughout all Alert Levels. To protect you, our people and our customers, you will be required to provide evidence that you have had your COVID vaccinations.