JOB SUMMARY : The Program Coordinator (PC) is responsible for management of the Maui Safe House program. The PC is a full time key exempt position, and direct supervison of all Maui Safe House staff.
Through the essential fuctions described herein, the PC ensures that services provided to youth in the program will meet and maintains its contractual and licensing requirements.
The PC is supervised by the Program Manager of Residential programs. Essential Qualifications : 1. Overall management for the Maui Safe House Program.
2. Monitor the adherence or working relationships between schools, public / private agencies, businesses, and community.3.
Initiate parent participation in the program.4. Be a liaison of youth in program with school and community.5. Overall case supervision-ensuring youth treatment plans are continually reviewed and goals / objectives met in timely manager.
6. Provide crisis intervention services for youth / families as needed and be on 24-hour call for emergencies.7. Initiate planning, development, implementation of youth activity programs with school personnel, community, other youth service agencies, and agency workers.
8. Maintain all required documentation and provide monthly, quarterly, annual summary, activity, and statistical data to Administration and Contracting agency.
9. Performs evaluation of program / activities to ensure goal and objectives are continually met in compliance with funding contract.
10. Orientate, train, supervise, and evaluate program staff in performance of their duties and work schedule.11. Develop and / coordinate a pool of volunteers for assistance in program, and orient, supervise, and train volunteers.
12. Coordinate and lead weekly staff meetings and in-service training needs of staff.13. Represents the program in the community and maintain productive relationship with businesses, public / private agencies, churches, schools, civic group, etc.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned by administration. Other Functions1. Willingness to accept and implement The Salvation Army philosophy.
2. Personal attributes : Good / sound judgment, dependability, initiate understanding firmness, caring, organizational skills, high energy level, and ability to work under conditions of stress and change without verbal or active expression, able to perform job with minimal supervision.
3. Be available to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays and maintain a flexible work schedule. Be on 24-hour call to response to any or all emergencies.
4. Be willing to take on job responsibilities outside job description, if need arises. Mental Demands1. Work under stressful conditions2.
Interact with others with courtesy and tact3. Manage and prioritize multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner4.
Respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner5. Prioritize multiple work tasks to meet tight deadlines.6. Complete projects on schedule.
7. Maintain confidentiality8. Maintain regular and punctual work attendance. Physical Demands : 1. Duties will require safe restraints of children involved in physical confrontations.
2. Duties will require ability to lift up to 25 lbs. (a back guard provided at company expense must be worn when doing any substantial lifting or moving).
Communication Demands : 1. Ability and skill in communicating with people of different cultures / ethnicity.2. Ability to write and speak comprehensibly.
3. Ability and skill in relating to a wide range of people and situations : youth, parents, agency workers, school personnel, law enforcement personnel, businesses, civic groups, supervisor, etc.
4. Ability to train / orientate and supervise program and volunteer personnel. 5. Ability and skill to work within an interdisciplinary team concept and participate in staff training and growth and groups.
3. Associate's degree in human services field or its equliency with five (5) years experience working with at risk youth and families in individual, family, group counseling, and knowledge of community.
and3. Two (2) years experience in personnel management, proposal / grant writing, program development also preferred. 4.
Valid Hawaii driver's license.5. Valid TB Clearance and Physical Exam.6. Valid First Aid and CPR Certification