Onit New Zealand (ex McCarthyFinch) is going global and full steam ahead with our top-in-class AI products and is looking for seasoned engineers to strengthen the team on our mission to change how law works.
Some big brands have already appreciated the value in our new way of doing law, such as Adobe, AirBnB, Lenovo and McDonald’s.
Our software is powered with bleeding-edge methods of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing. All that super-science needs as much excellent software engineering around it as possible and we can’t wait to get your hands on it if you’re up for the challenge.
This job is all about making a difference.
What we need
- 9+ years of software development experience.
- Ownership across the full development lifecycle of full-stack applications.
- Preparedness to architect and implement cross-application integrations.
- Confident ability to mess with ReactJS applications.
- You choose to write unit/integration tests over-testing your code manually.
- You’ve built applications on AWS (the more the better).
- You are a good mentor to less senior team members.
- Hunger for solving hard problems. You know where to start and where to go and lead others on the journey.
- We are big fans of infrastructure and CICD pipelines as code, so if you had exposure to DevOps, we’d have another passion to share. By the way, we use Terraform and Buildkite.
- The language of AI is Python. Can you read, write or speak it?
- We had to use some C# as there aren’t good SDKs for OpenXML in other languages.
- Graph databases (Neo4J), Docker, Microservices, which have nothing to do with each other, but are still in the same bullet-point.
- You buy into Agile. Spoiler interview question: should we have put this in the list above?
We don’t do hierarchies or titles, instead, we do flat, empowered, and supporting teams.
Working hours are flexible and working from home is kind of obvious in this post-COVID world.
Powered by JazzHR