We have an outstanding opportunity for an Assistant Manager to support the DC Manager in overseeing the workflow at the Noel Leeming Distribution Centre, ensuring the relevant areas are supervised and maintained appropriately to deliver operational requirements. In this role, your day will be varied - from dealing with drivers, performing logistics functions and the associated admin tasks that are required for running a small DC hub.
We're looking for a professional individual with a hands on approach who will monitor deliveries, organise the required admin for stock going out whilst ensuring safety requirements, service levels and ensure goals and deadlines are met. This is a perfect role for individuals who have proven experience at an Assistant Manager level, ideally with exposure to retail/supply chain/logistics.
Dealing with stock on a daily basis requires an individual that is a reliable team player who doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves and ploughing through the work! You will have a head that works to constant deadlines ensuring all your deliveries reach the customer on time. Ultimately, we are looking for someone who is proactive, self-motivated and solution focused.
- 2+ years management experience
- 2+ years retail/warehousing experience
- Strong communication skills to effectively lead and engage team members
- Confidence and ability to drive direct others
- Effectively collaborating with the manager in coaching and developing team members
- Working alongside the manager to execute plans to drive performance and maximise profitability
- Ensure all assistant management responsibilities are achieved
- Actively leading by example and ensuring all processes are followed
- Continuously finding areas to improve overall customer satisfaction
- Maintaining a safe environment for our people and our customers
- Undertake responsibility for the running of the warehouse when the store manager is not in-store