We are looking for a commercial and analytical Merchandise Planner (Planning Chapter Member) to join our Planning chapter. This position is a great opportunity to continue developing your career, aligning your planning and analytical skills working with our passionate teams as we embark on our Agile journey, driving change and results in our busy retail environment!
Our Planning chapter team members are experts at balancing what our customers need with how our business delivers through insightful planning, smart replenishment decisions and pricing across our product ranges. With strong financial acumen and a real commercial mindset, you will help optimise inventory, manage product lifecycle and consistently analyse trends and performance.
Sitting in our Work & Study tribe and with a balanced analytical ability to look at data through a commercial lens, the role is at the heart of making insightful decisions!
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Setting budgets and reviewing forward plans
- Analysing product performance trends and making recommendations for improvement
- Working with the Buyers on range assortment plans, controlling markdowns and category spend
- Reporting and planning - providing effective financial, forecasting and stock flow management reports
- Managing pricing and promotional activity
- Managing stock flow and monitoring aged stock
You understand retail and merchandise planning; you are customer-centric in your approach, you always have customers front of mind and can interpret data into stories, translate customer mission strategies into actionable decisions that deliver results. Excellent stakeholder management and communications skills will be essentials to influence, unlock collaboration, productivity and speed to market!
We are looking for someone with:
- Balanced commercial acumen with a strong desire to learn
- A few years merchandise planning experience within the retail network
- Numerical and analytical skills to translate data into commercial decisions
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Decisiveness in a fast-moving environment
You’ll embody all the Agile traits and mindset to work seamlessly with our teams – strong collaborative approach, innate curiosity for ‘how we can do better’ and nimble to change to meet the fast-paced demands of the retail environment.
We offer a dynamic, supportive team environment working with likeminded people within a business that cares about and recognises individuals. The business is at an exciting point in its life story! By empowering our teams and increasing cross-collaboration, we aim to make TWG New Zealand’s best place to work!
Does this move excite you and sound like something you’re up for? Apply today!