Basic outline and scope of position)
The Warehouse Store person contributes to maximising the efficiency of the Bridgestone warehouse. This is achieved through responsibility for the receipt, dispatch, and inventory control of goods and materials and for maintaining existing stock systems.
Internal : Warehouse Manager
External : Bridgestone staff
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND END RESULTS
Answerability for actions and consequences. Measured effect on end results. Freedom to act. Type of impact. Magnitude of impact)
1. Receive materials and goods, and ensure that these are in accordance with specified quantities and types.
2. Store goods in the specified location, manner and quantity.
3. Dispatch goods to correct locations, in the correct manner and quantity and in accordance with supply schedules.
4. Operate delivery vehicles, fork hoist, lifting equipment etc. safely as required.
5. Assist with regular stock takes.
6. Alert Warehouse Manager or Team Leader regarding the inventory balance of pallets required to accommodate full inventory.
7. Maintain the accuracy and security of all Company information.
8. Maintain the accuracy and security of all Company stock.
9. Build and maintain good relationships with Bridgestone customers, suppliers and staff.
10. Acquire on an on-going basis, the knowledge to provide internal customers with appropriate and current product advice.
11. Other related duties as directed by the Warehouse Manager and Shift Supervisors from time to time.
12. Complete all work following safe practices and procedures so as to ensure the safety of oneself, fellow employees, customers and site visitors.